Swimming pool leak &repair service
Save yourself money
Simple tests you can do yourself before you call us
Basic questions to answer:
- Is water coming from waste pipe when pump is running on the filter setting?
- Multiport valve is damaged internally or wagon wheel gasket is worn and needs to be replaced.
- Pool leak or evaporation?
- Leak in pipes of shell?
- If in pipes is it in the suction or return pipe?
Do the bucket test
- Fill your pool to the normal level.
- Put a 20 litre bucket on the first step with three bricks inside to act as a weight.
- Fill the bucket carefully to exactly the same level as the water level outside the bucket. Water inside and outside the bucket is now exposed to same weather conditions ( rain or shine ) to exactly the same.
- Run the pump system as normal for 24 hour.
- Determine whether water level inside and outside are still the same.
- If there is a difference, measure the difference.
- If the inside is higher than the outside the bucket then you do have a leak.Call us.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for 24 hours with pump off and determine the level difference inside and outside again.If the water level difference is bigger with pump on than with pump off, then there is aleakage in the pipes.We can help call us.
If the water level difference is the same between pump on and pump off then the leak is not in the pipes. It can be in one of the following places:
- Crack in the pool concrete shell.
- Around the weir as it is not properly filled with concrete.
- Concrete workaround light housing.
- Light wire gland is worn/perished or wrongly installed.
Call us on 072 357 4336 or email us on email@example.com